Junior Designer (Environmental)
Immediate job opening: Interested candidates are asked to apply by September 14, 2018
Why consider us your employer of choice
Watt International is an integrated retail agency with over fifty years’ experience in over forty countries around the world. We work with retailers and product companies worldwide to uncover the most meaningful insights, set the right strategies, and deliver results-oriented creative solutions.
To be the leading integrated retail agency, by design.
- To Design with Purpose – results-driven creativity is fundamental to realizing our vision.
- To Live Integration – we integrate Insights, Strategy and Creativity – then deliver them across every brand touchpoint – better than anyone.
- To Perform with Passion – an unwavering commitment to make our clients successful is the driving force behind everything we do.
- To Value our People – by creating a collaborative, inspiring and learning culture, we attract the most talented people and provide them with an enriched professional career.
- To Strive for Perfect Execution – through the principles of rigour and discipline, we make our clients’ lives easier and we operate a business that delivers maximum value to all stakeholders.
What is the nature and scope of the position
The Junior Designer (JD) is responsible for developing and supporting retail conceptual design strategies which fulfill a design brief. The JD will learn and work within our process and presentation style, while honing their craft and talents so they may contribute to an environment that values people, their ideas and their growth.
The JD will contribute to a team-building environment through superior and open communication skills, technical knowledge and an understanding of the value of people. A flexible, versatile, clear, concise, objective, compelling, design ability is vital for success in this role.
- Assists design team in research, design, design implementation and presentation
- Applies effective command of design elements to the work.
- Consistently delivers work that meets or exceeds Watt’s design principles, client business objectives and internal budget expectations
- Takes design from concept through finish per project needs
- Applies computer proficiency primarily in AutoCad and Sketchuo, with good understanding of Illustrator, Photoshop to the design process
- Attends internal briefing and progress meetings
- Presents work internally, sets up design rationale based on strategic brief
- Plans, organizes, monitors and completes activities according to project priorities, timelines
- Support and exhibit behaviors consistent with Company’s values and beliefs
Who you will work with
- Senior Creative Director
- Senior Design Director
- Design Director
- Senior Designers
- Intermediate Designer
- Studio Director
- All levels of staff
- Either an industrial design, interior design or architectural degrees with retail design background is preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a related industry
- Knowledge of current retail trends
What are your personal attributes
- Personable, principled and determined
- Positive, collaborative attitude – a team player
- Excellent work ethic and temperament
- Manages own time
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects/tasks
- Flexible and committed
- Ability to learn quickly
What are your agency competencies
- Analytical / Problem-solving skills
- Communication Verbal & Written
- Decision-making ability
- Flexibility / Versatility
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Service Orientation
- Work quality
What are your guiding principles
- Passion for Design
- Personal Responsibility
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org